Saturday 25 February 2012

A few more pod ponderings that I want to write down to look back on

This post is really notes and things that I feel I want to share and show people the slimpods are not just about losing weight.

These are a few snippets from my minimins diary from yesterday

Without everyones support I would never have got to this point I'd have floundered given in and put on the weight. I've managed to maintain since July  so anyone want to maintain I obviously do it perfectly  mind you I have lost lots of inches since July and over a dress size so thats good enough for me  I notice things daily with my shape changes so can only assume the exercise and right foods are doing all this. I was like a child the day before last and physically stuck my fingers up and my scales and told they them talk utter carp. Everyone comments how well I look how much slimmer I look, so do my clothes yet they lie, devil they are  I can see that I've lost back fat, my waist is slimmer, my legs are slimmer, no double chins.

I can hand on heart say the scales no longer bother me. Who cares what number they say? I set out to be healthier, happier, slimmer, and live a longer life  I feel I've already achieved all of those so anything else is a bonus and its just not a race. When you get to my age having had 3 kids do I need to be a size 10 supermodel? NO! Ok lets face it nobody would take me even if I was a size ten but you know what I mean. I just want to feel good about me, happy and healthy. I want to live to see my grandkids and enjoy them for many years just as my grandparents did. Not like my Dad who was so unhealthy and missed so much.


so positives

1) I am normal around food for the first time in my life

2) I am enjoying my challenge despite being desperatly tired

3) I have a smaller bum

4) I eat healthy because I want to not because I have to

5) I no longer seem to want choccie, crisps or cake, and IF I have a biscuit its just 2-3 digestives and usually once a week as a top up as a little hungry not just cos I fancy something to eat 

6) I have the bestest friends in the whole wide world 

Well I did something today that I feel good about. About 2 years ago I got depressed. I didn't realise I was at the time but I just couldn't cope with people, certain people more than others, so other than my bestie I backed away and became abit of hermit if I am honest, nobody seemed to notice so it just carried on and on. I upset a few people along the way as they couldn't understand why I just dropped them . But I didn't do it on purpose I was in a dark place and didn't want company. There was one lady and Charlie and her daughter were such good friends and we were. I felt bad but was in my own little world so that was more important. Doing the slimpods lifted that dark cloud and the real Jackie is slowly emerging, abit like someone said a butterfly (more a moth 

The two girls are friends again at school and both very sweet. The little girl is like Charlie sensitive and kind. Well the Mum asked me today if Charlie could go to tea on Monday, so when I'd said yes I walked along a way with her and stopped and told her I need to say something. I apologised. I was honest to the point tears were streaming down my face but I told her the truth. She said shes lost a few friends and when I backed off she was so upset but had no choice but to accept it as I wouldn't give in. She said I've made her day. The biggie for me was that I stood there, took her to one side and did it  A few months ago I couldn't have done that, because if she'd turned and told me to piddle off or worse I'd never have dealt with it, but today I did it, and got a hug for it too  

These pods are life changing. Its like this bleddy enormous puzzle and slowly its pulling all the pieces together 

So its not all about what the scales say. Our shape can change, we can slowly lose sizes without the scales moving. I am proof of that :)  They also seem to deal with so much more. Confidence is one of them. Exercise another. But at a pace we can cope with. I am a far calmer, more positive, happy person and all my friends can vouch for that as they have all seen that moth emerge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment