Wednesday 8 February 2012

More reflections

I sat down yesterday and wrote a long list (it would be longer if I could remember them all so I will add to it as I think) of all the changes in me so far.  Before I list them I had to say about food today I am noticing this happening more and more

Brekkie - porridge, milk, golden syrup  - had to leave 1/3rd as was totally full

lunch - homemade lentil bacon soup, a bananna, a shape crumble yoghurt

now tea is the one. Lads have footy tonight so treat night we have bacon and egg baps for tea.  Just as cooking my head says 'cook an sw quiche' so I whipped one up quickly and popped it in the oven planning to have it cold tomorrow as we all love it. I am serving their baps and my head doesn't want them :eek: whats going on here ??? is this me???? I had sw quiche and sweet potato and celeriac chips, loved it, it was lush. I didn't want bacon baps????

I am finding this happening a lot. I made them sausages the other day. The smell made me feel so nauseous I couldn't have eaten them. I am making healthy choices - why? Because I want to!!! OMG how cool is that!

Well last night I didn't sleep, normally no sleep = stress= overtired= eat the contents of the larder, crisp drawer, cupboard, well you can can't you? I mean its fine when overtired isn't it? but guess what? I didn't food choices were all good as above but on top of that :eek: I did 15 mins of an exercise DVD (I'll tell you more about that as I get used to it so I can comment better but so far I like it ) and then at lunchtime I walked 2.5 miles with the dog :) :) normally lazy day - no sleep - no walk - I mean thats what you do isn't it when don't sleep??



Right so for my list of changes so far (more to be added as the list is endless)

1) I no longer reward myself with food
2) I no longer turn to food if stressed, upset or tired
3) I feel so positive its infectious
4) I am so much calmer
5) I am so much happier
6) I no longer graze all day I eat real meals
7) I no longer crave choccie other than ';time of the month'
8) Not had a packet of crisps for over 6 weeks now
9) can smell greasy food and can't eat it
10) exercising more (biggie I was a couch potato)
11) I am enjoying exercise (urgh is this me????? I hated it)
12) I can feel my confidence returning daily
13) I am calmer with the kids, I can remain calm when havoc all around me
14) I am beginning to like myself
15) I feel in control of food. Food no longer controls me
16) I eat smaller portions and stop when full
17) often leave food on my plate
18) no longer finish off kids left overs
19) food is no longer at the forefront of my mind I don't obsess about it all day
20) I am choosing to eat healthily because I want to not because I feel I should
21) I am choosing to exercise
22) Not worrying so much or so anxious
23)less retail therapy to make me feel better because I already feel better
24) more assertive
25)Enjoying walks with my dog whos a scaredy cat, I have my head held high and a smile on my face it seems to be helping her too
26) I want people to feel as good as I do around food
27) Sleeping better generally
28) don't get palpitations all the time
29) I don't say yes to everything if I don't want to I am learning to say no (work in progress)
30)more outspoken
31) feel alive


What more can I say! Its like I have a new lease of life and I am seeing small changes every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment