Saturday 7 April 2012

update

Well Easter is here and I managed 176 miles outof 200. I worked it out that had I not got hurt and had 8 days of no exercise recovering I would have easily managed the 200 miles. :) I am really pleased with that.

I am going to continue the exercise and log my miles achieved each month :)

This couch potato really enjoys the walking and the walking DVDs :)

Talking of Easter - well chocolate :)  I started listening to the Chunky Chocolate Cure  http://www.thinkingslimmer.com/Users/Ecommerce/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=91&catid=15
back at the end of October.... Does it work? YES IT DOES!

I had real issues with chocolate and could eat my weight in it !  I went from eating loads, to eating a little, then only eating it when I was due 'time of the month' to not really eating it at all.

This time last year I was replacing and buying Easter Eggs that I'd bought for the kids daily! Flat packing the boxes and hiding them to put out for recycling when nobody was looking  :(  I still find the odd flat packed box now!  This year every egg I bought is still there!

I've just been making cadburys rice crispy cakes with mini malteesers bunnies.  I ate 3 squares of chocolate and that was plenty and to be honest I didn't enjoy it. I think I tried it just to see as not had chocolate since mid February! woohoo!


Sweet Tooth Pod - http://www.thinkingslimmer.com/Users/Ecommerce/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=161&catid=15

This has helped me too.  I was often really craving something sweet after my tea. I no longer get this. In fact I just don't eat anything sweet anymore as I don't fancy it.  I have only been listening to this pod since 22nd March!  I have even not bothered with the yoghurts I was having as they are now too sweet! I haven't touched biscuits, cake, anything sweet, and I had a sip of coke the other day and yack yack yack so sickly. I am really pleased with the effects of this pod as now if I do snack which is mega rare its on fruit.


My diet head no longer makes an appearance :) It has been replaced very much with a 'think about what goes in your mouth head'!!  Its hard to explain but rather than food being a comfort, a consolation, a treat, its now fuel.  Thats it! I can't actually believe I am writing this.  Each meal time I really consider what I'd like to eat. This lunchtime my hubby text to say popping into the chip shop what would you like? My reply 'nothing don't fancy it' (eek) I really didn't want it. I've noticed I no longer hanker over a McDonalds either. Its the thought of the grease :( yack yack yack. So while they ate the chips I had a jacket potato, tiny bit of grated cheese, 4 tiny bits of pepperoni, and a sweet and sour mughshot. I even left some as was full.

At breakfast I fancied porridge so had a plain Oatso Simple, milk, 1 tsp of golden syrup (well a squidge out of the bottle) and a handful of frozen raspberries mixed in :)

Talking of full - goodness I hear that full signal loud and clear now and I listen! I cannot bear that over full feeling anymore :)

I have also realised that most of the time when I thought I was hungry I was likely to be thirsty and I drink far more water, tea etc than I used to. I also realised that I really was an emotional eater. I mean, I consoled myself with food, treated myself with food, made myself feel better with food, everything was about food!  at first I found it hard when I didn't want to turn to food if stressed or upset etc as just didn't know what to do with myself but that quickly passed and I now eat food when I am hungry, just like we are supposed to :)

I almost feel like taking a photo of my old food habits in a day and my new ones. You know like they used to on 'you are what you eat!'  The difference is unreal. In fact I hardly remember what the old me used to eat. I've moved on so much.

I always said no matter what happened I'd give the slimpod 6 months to prove itself.  Well just over 5 months in I feel it really has. I can't wait to see what happens and what I achieve over the next 6 months. Its really quite exciting.

Do I recommened them? YES I DO!

The customer service is second to none. They really care. All they want is for us to succeed.

I can't tell you how liberating it is to know I will never diet again. No good and bad foods. No falling off the wagon and trying to claw it back before the dreaded weigh day! I can laugh at this now but it was obsessive and such a negative cycle really.  ie weigh day, hardly eat as it might make a 1lb difference. Get weighed and binge on all the norty foods, after all it was treat day , weigh day, then of course the following day, so hard to get back on that wagon after a binge, so it would continue into the next day and the next, then suddenly on day 3 I would wake up and think 'OMG its weigh day on..... how can I limit the damage?' so I'd try to eat very little, be healthy, to claw it back, then weigh day arrives and the cycle begins again. Do I miss all this ? NO I DO NOT!

I have no wagon to fall off. I no longer binge. I no longer crave refined rubbish! The pods have totally changed how I feel about food. Whoever thought a binger could sit and say 'food is food' simply that 'food'? (eek) But thats what it is now! I've been known on the odd occassion to forget breakfast as busy or not hungry, or to get to 2.30 and realise I've not had my lunch. This would have been unheard of in the past, I mean food was at the forefront of my mind, I thought about it every second of the day.

Think i've waffled enough, but I seriously feel amazing . My head is in the right place now, just need my scales and my body to catch up with me!




I went from

2 comments:

  1. Thats a fantastic post Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie you are such a star I am so pleased you have found your utopia your post is amazing and just shows that Patience pays off. Braking that cycle is the most amazing feeling ever, knowing that food does not control you anymore, wow I remember my day that I realized I had control for the first time ever in my life. I am so proud of you for your journey and the help you give to others on our facebook page you are an inspiration to me and many others well done you. xxx

    ReplyDelete