Saturday 26 May 2012

Another goal reached!

Today has been such an amazing day :)  Firstly I tried on and got into my size 18 Next goal jeans. My goals were set 11th January.  They were

To get into size 20 Next Jeans end February - achieved 10th February
To get into size 18 Next Jeans end May - achieved 25th May
To get into size 16 Next Jeans end August
To get into size 14 Joe Browns Dress 21st November

I have reached all my goals on time so far :) even at times when I thought I would not I have been proved wrong :) This feels amazing. I set the goals back in January podded on and gradually reaching them all.  I set mini goals too and nearly achieved all of those too so will need to make some more mini ones.

my mini goals were
1) To meet a certain lovely person - achieved 25th May
2) To talk to someone I've not spoken to before (this is because I have a fear of this, or should I say had a fear of this. I used to get tongue tied, make a mess of it, so I did all I could to avoid doing this). This week I have achieved this twice !!
3) to continue to eat mindfully
4) No scalehopping other than once a month - may need to carry this one forward lol
5) To manage to walk 4 boosted miles to my Leslie Sansone Fat Burning DVD in one go. I thought this would take a while as they are fast and phew... but guess what! I achieved this this morning! What an achievement for a couch potato as phew it was hard but I achieved it! I am so so happy about this :)
6)To listen to my main pods awake daily ( I just like to do this sometimes)7) To get in my next goal jeans size 18 from NEXT - achieved 25th May!8) To get into my Debenhams tunic dress for 9th June

so not many left to achieve as I do number 3 daily :)

Think i'll have a think and make a new list scalehopping still needs to be one of them but I've learnt some valuable lessons this week and the scales no longer feel important. I mean they showed that gain yet I still got into my jeans so I do feel they have no relevance anymore in my journey and funnily enough that pull they give me doesn't seem to happen anymore they no longer call me and if they do I'm not hearing them!

I had a visitor yesterday. Normally I'd be climbing the walls with anxiety, or even cancel, but today I was calm, smiley and confident. Shows just how far I have come since finding the slimpods at the end of October. These pods are quite literally life changing.  I hadn't realised how clever I had become at finding excuses not to go out , to see people, to speak to people until the slimpods started to peel back the layers. I was an expert ROFL but now I am gradually emerging from my shell a much stronger, happier, positive, more confident person. This really is an amazing journey :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jackie, well done on reaching your size 18 Next jeans goal! I'm getting pretty close to my size 22 (Tesco, £10) jeans which I'm aiming for June... but I never specified which end!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete