Monday 7 May 2012

Lightbulb moments

Its funny.... I've had a bad few days emotionally.... but read Becca's latest blog post and for some reason lightbulb moment :)


It was reading her honest open post of her 12 months with slimpod that made me realise what I've been doing :eek:


Firstly the scales started to move down so I was so happy as they've been cruel to me despite the inches I've lost.  Of course because they went down I then became obsessed with them again. While they continued to move down all was well, but then one morning I got on and a 2lb gain :cry: that was it my brain worked overtime, I mean 2lb gain, what do I do, how can I deal with this, how do I feel? How stupid was this :( I can see this now, the head fights started again, I felt downright miserable, I felt depressed, I was upset and why because of a stupid number on a lump of glass :rolleyes:


I also started to think of diet like foods, but this didn't work as I went against what my body was telling me it needed so it sprialled into , well a mess :( I then went on a carb feast. Did I feel happier??? No of course not cos the blooming scales kept moving up. What did this achieve?? more misery. :(


So I then read Becca's post http://fromsnickerstomarathon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/thinking-slimmer-one-year-on.html?spref=fb

It was like suddenly it all clicked back into place :) OMG I felt amazing again, I realised all that I've been doing, how it was all connected, what started it, and I feel all happy and positive again. Thankyou Becca :) ((hugs)) you've just made my day and snapped me out of a vicious circle :)


Ditch the blooming scales.!!! They are evil. They change overnight, they can decide your mood for the day, the week, the month. One stupid piddly number on a lump of glass can decide how we feel :( How sad is that :( crazy really isn't it because the whole world is measured by this stupid number, yet I am healthier, happier, more confident, inches dropping off me, eating sensibly, enjoying my food, have a real smile again, dropping dress sizes, exercising daily and loving it.... what on earth is my problem ?? I should be shouting from the rooftops not sat here close to tears over a number.  


Life is for living isn't it?? and this girl is back and living it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment