Friday 22 June 2012

8 months in

So 8 months of slimpod and how am I doing?

now a size 16-18 top - was a 20

now a size 18 bottom - was a big size 22

Was a couch potato - now exercise daily and enjoy it :)

Used to suffer quite badly with asthma - not suffered for months

Used to be a self confessed chocoholic - now eat it rarely

Used to eat 3-4 packets of crisps a day - now eat them on the odd occassion

Used to graze all day - now eat my 3 meals with the odd snack

Used to binge eat - not able to anymore as I always stop when full

Had zero confidence - this has improved tenfold and continues to improve daily

Used to weigh twice a day - weighing once or twice a week but trying to make this just once a month

I was a terriby negative person - now a very positive person

Was terribly stressy - now calm most of the time.



Has it been an easy journey? - its had it bumpy bits in the road. I call them blips but these days I can move on quickly from a blip and accept it as just that. Skinny people have blips, we all do, it learning to learn from them and move on leaving them where they belong in the past. :)

This has and continues to be an amazing journey for me.  I had a bit of a spaghetti head this week. I think so many changes at once and I started to overthink and analyse everything again. I find if you just relax, do what you are supposed to do with the pods, have faith and get on with life and let them work away in the background they work so much better. So operation relax into it began in earnest again this week and I'm back on top form.

I've managed 91 miles so far for June.  I either walk the dog, walk alone or enjoy the Leslie Sansone DVDs.

I completed the 5 mile boosted fat burning walk for the first time today :) I was so chuffed and proud of myself. I love this DVD but never managed more than 4 miles in the past.

I also completed a few times now the 3 mile express walk :) I love her DVDs they are an all over body workout using all muscles and getting the heartrate in the right place to burn fat so do not be fooled by the word walk !!

I feel slimmer, I feel fitter ( I no longer huff and puff up the stairs but take them two at a time), I have more energy, I am happier, I am calmer, I am positive, I am confident :) I even rather like the new me :)

I've always had huge anxiety, panic, and low confidence and self esteem. Living my life as close to home (my comfort zone) as possible.  I guess its abit like living in a confined space, a bubble, feeling safe...  Well someone popped that bubble! I am beginning to do more, slow but sure, baby steps.

On 9th July though I am going to London. Only for a short visit this first time but yes this anxious ball of anxiety has booked her tickets and plans to go ahead and go to London on the train.  This is an enormous step forward for me it really is. I haven't been on a train for 30 years. I haven't been to London for 30 years.  In fact out of all the scarey places I could ever imagine as the old Jackie London was the scariest. So watch this space and I will let you know if I succeed. I certainly plan to :)

I noticed on a couple of occassions when hormonal I have turned to junk food, ie crisps, choccie etc, but its laughable really as once full I have to stop, and then I usually have to skip dinner as I am still full! I just cannot believe how far my relationship with food has come. I now eat normally :) how cool is that? and I have done for months now.

I cannot believe how far my confidence has come. I see daily changes and I'm loving it.  Given the chance, done properly, and having faith and determination these pods are quite literally life changing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment