Sunday 1 July 2012

So today is weigh and measure day

 I am back to weighing and measuring once a month on the 1st of each month

Weight today = 15 stone 1    - 4lb :)

Inch loss = 4 3/4 inches

I am happy with that. The scales are slowly moving and the inches are still coming off. I feel slimmer, I feel happier, I feel healther, I am more confident, I feel calmer :)


Negatives or Positives??

I was only saying to someone the other day. I do have negatives. My life it not all positives but I learnt something in my journey that I realise makes a difference.


If we write down and find our positives = we reinforce them with our subconscious and show that all these little changes are taking us towards our goal


If we dwell on negatives = we reinforce them = its simple. So constantly think of that negative and it ruins the day, the week, the month. Brush it under the carpet, walk away from it leaving it where it belongs in the past and it all adds up to a much happier state of mind :)


So yes I have lots of those nasty negatives but I no longer dwell on them.  I simply accept and move on.  If its a biggie I write it down, try to work out why I did it, and then move on. We cannot change what has happened but we can change what we do from that second onwards.  In fact I saw a quote to that effect this week which I loved


"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending "


How true is that?  Its all about accepting life is full of blips but moving on rather that dwelling on them and allow them to take over.  I used to let the nasty negatives rule my life. They made me stressed and miserable. Now I allow the positives to take over.  Believe me its a far nicer outlook on life that way :)






I bought myself some lovely cerise pink wedge shoes this week. My favourite colour. And they fit! This is a biggie for me as had fat feet for so many years lovely pretty shoes just never fit :( so I lived in plain boring horrible ones. OMG the world is my oyster now!




I haven't worn a size 20 since 24th May so think its fair to say I'm officially a size 18 now. In fact a few of my tops are now a 16 :eek:   I found a pair of size 18 Next trousers in the bottom of my warddrobe last week. They have sat there for years. Since I was last a size 18 and to be honest I have no idea how long ago that was but we are talking a lot of years.  I got them out and tried them on and they fit beautifully not in the least bit tight :)  So I wore them and felt so good :)




I am loving my walking and with a combination of Leslie Sansone miles and walking the dog I have managed 110 miles this month.  From a couch potato who was allergic to any form of exercise to someone who misses it when she can't do it hehehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment