Friday 28 September 2012

Back in control

I had another session with Lori last Friday. We worked on my beliefs. I didn't believe I could ever be a size 12-14, but I do now.

and ...... I drove there and back! For the first time. No nerves, no panic, no feeling, just drove!! I can't tell you how good it felt and I was just so proud of myself.

In fact as the week has progressed I am feeling more and more determined and in control.

I've sorted out the larder. It was a mess. Now I know what food I need to buy and what I have and have been looking at recipes to try new foods. Time to try some new ideas. We tend to, like many people, eat the same meals. Most are healthy but I am just bored of it all.

This week I plan to try quinoa. Not sure what I will make of it but I plan to try a minimum of one new food per week. :) I love cooking and I am finding I am making time to make the effort rather than use convenience foods like I used to a few years ago.

Recently we tried patty pan squash. Certainly not a favourite. Nothing wrong with it but no taste as such and watery. Same with yellow courgettes. But added to my homemade chilli they are lush. Really bulk it out with veggies and these two really make it :)

I've been walking more again. I'd let it slip a little. I plan this coming week to get the treadmill out and use it at least 3 times :) I will let you know if I succeed.

I also plan to up my fruit and veg intake. I eat both but could do better.  I bought the Hairy Bikers cookbook a few weeks ago and there are a few yummy recipes that I'd like to try. It was only £5 in the Book People.  I don't follow any diet plan and have no intentions of ever following a diet again but one of my aims was to eat healthier and we are doing that more and more now. Yes we have the odd McDonalds but generally I cook from scratch these days.

I also tried wholewheat pasta. I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it. It doesn't go stodgy like normal pasta does at times. I also tried a blueberry muffin in Costa (giggles) well one has to try these new foods don't they! It was lush. melted in my mouth and funnily enough had it as breakfast as I remained full until lunchtime :) I am rather partial to a Costa coffee and one opened in Rushden recently.

So this week I will be hopefully trying some new recipes, upping the exercise, ie treadmill and trying new foods :)

I feel really determined, in control, calm, positive and so much more confident. When I started this journey I was a stresshead. I shouted like a fisherwoman at the kids and constantly felt wound up like a coil. I rarely feel stressed at all now, and remain calm most of the time. I smile more. My confidence is at around 90%. I have faith in myself for the first time in years.  I was the most negative person but I am so much more positive now.

I feel bloated at the moment, I have no idea what I weigh as no longer jump on the scales daily. No longer interested.  I got into a pair of Next trousers that didn't fit at all a few weeks ago so despite feeling bloated I've lost inches or pounds from somewhere as they fit lovely and i've worn them a few times now.

So the journey continues. Its been quite a year, so many achievements, so many fears faced, and more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment