Monday 26 November 2012

Positivity Rocks!

It was always me that told everyone how important the positives are, what a difference they made, then I had my blip and printed out the handbook again and began listing just the positives rather than in diary form.

It works!

Something clicked. The exercise is back. I am not obsessing about food at all. Just eating when hungry, what I fancy and stopping when full.

I am really liking the TTapp Basic Workout Plus.  When I first got it I found it too complex and shoved it on the shelf to get dusty with the rest of my exercise DVDs but I am on day 10 and can now pretty much do it from start to finish and I try every day except Sundays as not found a time when I can fit in it with everyone home.  Its not simple thats for sure, and the moves are complex but I feel I am slowly working them out and getting used to them and it works every muscle in a 15 minute workout. No leaping up and down either which suits me.  I plan to record my inch loss on day 30 and day 60 to see how its working for me.

I feel slimmer and I feel my waist looks more defined again. My tummy seems to be going down bit by bit too :)  I am also noticing the moves are less difficult for me to do too.

The fit pod really seems to have kicked in again as like this morning, I felt so tired, I half thought, shall I bother? Shall I give it a miss today? yet my brain was going 'do it' 'just do it' so I did!

I had very little sleep last night which in the past would have resulted in no exercise (but then I never exercised lol!), eating crap all day and feeling sorry for myself generally. Today, I got up listened to my pods, took Charlie to school, did my TTapp, and not even thought about food yet! I notice so many little changes all the time.

It was funny I had a 'different day' foodwise on Friday. Carbs, crisps, choccie.  I sat and thought 'what was that all about' and felt a little baffled, then realised the following day it was hormone related totally. Now in the past in the lead up to a period it would be choccie, choccie, crisps crisps for about a week! then it carried on during too. Now I find its just the day before :) So an enormous improvement and still ate way less than I normally would have done in the past :)

Reading Dawn's post on why positives matter has helped me too. Realising how it works, and why they matter. It really does work. On my handbook pages I just literally list every positive no mention of anything negative like I would have done as a diary entry. I guess looking back the negatives and postives seemed to cancel themselves out in my notebook whereas just writing the positives seems to have an emormous effect on me. Lesson learnt.

I actually feel really positive, calm and confident at the moment. I am positive I will reach my goals. I am positive I have finally lost that silly diet head. Its taken a year to shake it off. I now eat with my family. No diet foods, no calories, no syns, no points just food for fuel. Yep I have the odd cupcake, I sometimes have peanut butter on toast, I sometimes I have crisps, I occassionally eat chocolate,but do you notice what stands out in that sentence??

odd cupcake
sometimes have peanut butter on toast
occassionally eat chocolate
sometimes have crisps

These are huge breakthroughs for me :) I call this normal eating!

I really do feel like I am now in control of food and it no longer controls me!

I seem to have a normal relationship with food :)

I used to binge daily, secret eat all the time hiding the evidence, graze all day, constantly go to the kitchen and wonder 'what can I eat now'?  This has all gone.

I have the odd 'different day' when I eat more, or seem to eat more crap or carbs but they are just that 'different day's'

Lori taught me about different days. Its helped alot. Its taken me a while to see it as it is though and not beat myself up. But as soon as I simply saw them as 'different days' I've noticed I have less of them.

I used to have a blip, everytime I wrote a positive post on here.  Like I'd self sabotage.  I do sometimes have a 'different day' after a positive post but I think to myself 'what was that all about' I work it out and move on.  Sandra told me to ask myself that. 'What was that all about' each time something happens and I find this advice invaluable. Its brilliant. As often I can work out the reason, laugh or roll my eyes at it and move on!

Positivity Rocks! and I have my positivity back!

No comments:

Post a Comment