Thursday 20 December 2012

A year binge free!

Yes this time last year I had my last binge!  A whole year binge free! I am no longer able to binge I simply eat when hungry and stop when full! Eating what I fancy. Its so liberating. I've even ditched the scales. What a difference a year can make!

14 months ago I was a binge eater. I grazed all day. I was allergic to exercise. I was a chocoholic (seriously) and I had zero confidence.

Today I have dropped 4 dress sizes, losing 61 inches and I exercise daily. :) Nothing high impact just walking or my beloved TTapp workout.  This whole experience has been life changing for me.

I still like chocolate but it tends to be hormone related rather than every day. So a couple of times a month I eat chocolate the rest of the time it simply doesn't bother me at all.

I used to be eating all day. Food was all I thought about. Now I simply eat when hungry and stop when full. Some days I eat more than others, some days I am not hungry until lunch time. I have a normal relationship with food and its liberating it really is. No foods are banned. There are no good and bad foods as in diet head, its simply food. Love it! I find I eat healthily most of the time because I want to but I don't beat myself up if I have cake or a biccie or a McDonalds, I just have it :)

Food is no longer at the forefront of my mind its at the back.! I never thought I'd say that. Everyone tells me how much better I look and I can tell you I feel much better. I have more energy, I walk tall, I have a real smile, I have confidence, I can chat to people I've not met before, I can natter on the phone! Its brilliant.

I used to secretly eat and hide the evidence. I struggled to walk down town and back as I was so out of puff. I used to have asthma. I've only used my puffer once in 14 months. And that was yesterday when I felt I had a cold coming. Today I don't need it again :)

I couldn't shop in normal shops as nothing fit me. Now being a size 18 I can shop in most shops and it still shocks me that I can and that most 18's fit me and I'm not constantly being disappointed and having to take stuff back or shove it in a wardrobe with other clothes that don't fit. I now wear clothes I love rather than clothes I simply buy because they fit! In fact over the weekend I am going to dejunk that wardrobe and only keep the clothes I love. I am never going to wear something again just because it fits!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your amazing achievement. Bet it feels better than any chocolate or snacks ever tasted!! I've lost 2.5 stone this year, but have hit a bit of a brick wall recently. I think I'll wait until Christmas is out the way and kick myself up the bum to get motivated again.

    Its so nice to be able to buy clothes in all shops again!
    Well done. You should be very proud of yourself!

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete