Monday 15 April 2013

My 6 week goal journey

I set myself a six week goal (14th February) to get back into my Next size 18 jeans and my new Joe Browns size 18 top by the end of March. My goal was to wear them both when I chat with Sandra on the 29th March.

The jeans were way too tight on the legs and the top looked like someone had spray painted it on! It was crazily tight!

So how would I achieve this?

The plan of action was 'I will exercise regularly (Walking Carla, TTapp, Treadmill), Listen to my slimpod daily, find my 3 positives. Gradually change what we eat, eating less and less processed foods. To eat mindfully.  Eating mindfully is something thats taken me a long time to master but I've pretty much mastered it.  You eat slowly and savour each mouthful. You only eat. You don't look at the pc, watch the tv, read a book or a magazine you simply eat.  This way you hear that full signal quickly or can practise hearing it. Once you've got the hang of this that full signal is really easy to recognise. Experiment with recipes and try new ingredients.

Who would help me?

My slimpod family, Sandra, Carla (hehehehhe) and mainly me :)

So the world was against me. I actually had a terrible 6 weeks life wise. We had to have the house rewired around us, a new boiler fitted. Life was upside down. Then as if we didn't have enough to cope with my middle son aged 16 who had broken his leg back in October just wasn't healing. He'd been in cast for 5 months. He went for his check up and they decided enough was enough an operation was in order. Normally the stress of all of this, worrying, rushing around would have meant I turned to food. But I didn't!  I was stressed up to the eyeballs. 

I continued to fit in my TTapp every other day (after completing the 14 consecutive days), I walked Carla when I could, and I ate mindfully.

Chris went in for his op and had to stay in much longer than planned which meant added stress, lots of tooing and frowing to hospital to visit and less time at home to plan meals.

I had the most terrible phobia of hospitals. Really bad. Hated even the smell of them, just the thought of visiting or going to one gave me panick attacks and palpitations. How on earth was I going to cope?

I did cope. I was amazed. I visited twice most days, sometimes staying there in between and going to the coffee shop for a coffee before going back to visit, as visiting hours were stupid 3-4 and 6-7. This meant by the time we got home it was time to come back again :(

One of the funniest things was my hubby. We'd be in the coffee shop and he'd have a cake , I sometimes had one, but one day I said I didn't want one. He said 'you don't have an eating disorder now do you? (eek) I mean I love you no matter what size you are you must eat!! Honestly I've never found something so funny in my life!  Me??? An eating disorder, if I had one it would be for eating lots not less!  When we got home he'd eat as 'he'd not had tea' I mean you simply have to have tea don't you?  Well sometimes I wasn't hungry and sometimes I had just a little ie a sweet potato as a jacket potato and salad, that kind of thing. Again the comments that I'm just not eating enough! I simply wasn't hungry and didn't feel I wanted to eat anymore when not hungry!

I eat normally now.  I simply eat when hungry stop when full. I exercise regularly too. In the past I always joked that I was allergic to exercise but actually it was simply finding an exercise that suited my lifestyle. I've found that now - TTapp and walking. I love both. :)

So did I reach that target? Oh yes I did! I think I was just so focused and determined! and I've set myself similar goals for the 15th May (but that will be another blog post - to get into my size 16 Next jeans)

I feel amazing. I feel so calm, happy, smilie, confident. Believe = Achieve. You simply have to believe in yourself and you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Watch out World here I come!

Not a brilliant photo but heres me in my size 18 outfit.  The top is even looser now, in fact I'm wearing it today :) in the past stripes going round were a no no. OMG I'd have looked like one of the Fimbles :)  My mojo is well and truely back and I'm just so happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment