Saturday 11 May 2013

not slimpod but made my own soap powder!

Not slimpod related at all but I guess I'm finding out what I'm all about these days. The new Jackie. I joined Wikaniko. (we can Eco) painting the world a very pale green.

I have a website ecofriendlymums.wikaniko.com

I am not a massive go green freak but I do think its important we consider the world around us for our kids.  I'd been drawn to some of their products so thought I'd sign up.  I wanted to try things like soap powder, fabric conditioner, washing up liquid. I love them all and the washing up liquid is so gentle on my skin I no longer get the flaky skin that the others used to give me.

Anyway I'm digressing but heres the recipe for homemade soap powder.



I used 2 cups of soap flakes
2 cups of borax (or a borax substitute (it will say this on the box)
2 cups of soda crystals

Mixed in bowl and popped into a Tupperware


For darks or lightly soiled just one tablespoon

for heavily soiled 2 tablespoons.



I think it works out pretty economical too.

The clothes feel clean. Its weird as there is no strong smell but they feel really lovely and freshly laundered.




I also love soap nuts.!!  OMG they are fab.  3 little soap nuts tied up in a sock will do 4-5 washes. They naturally produce soap and you don't need fabric conditioner.

I am converted!!  I won't be buying soap powder again.


I think I 'll use both the homemade and the soap nuts.  Because I can't chose between the two as love them both hehehehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment